Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome to The Mama Minute

Hello there Mama! Welcome to the Mama Minute, a new blog reminding you that even mom needs a minute to herself. Wait, don't get me wrong, I love my family. They are great. But I have realized something in the last few months: You can't take care of your family well if you don't bother to care for yourself. I don't mean just taking a shower and putting on a clean t-shirt and pair of jeans(well, I mean that too), but taking care of your mind, body and soul. That's right, the whole package. I realized this myself when I happened in front of the bathroom mirror in ripped(too small) jeans and a faded, worn ratty t-shirt. Scary stuff friends!! So, basically I changed everything-my eating habits, started exercising and basically just carving out some time for myself! The changes were(are still) difficult at times, but they are worth it. Even my family benefits. It has had such an effect on my life, I wanted to share it with other moms. So I hope you will join in the conversation and we can exchange tips and ideas. Or, just grab a cup of coffee and take a minute for yourself!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Love the colors of your blog! I'm your first follower! Hooray! Hooray!

I'm from BloggyMoms :) Come check out my blog and follow back

http://theoliveparent.blogspot.com

Shar said...

Hey Cat!
I found you over at bloggy moms!
You have a really beautiful blog and I'm following you!

Be sure to visit me over at sharmartinez.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Shar

Melanie Schwaesdall said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll follow back.
Check out my website at http://www.yellowrosegiftsco.com

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Awesome blog. I LOVE the button :)

I'm following.

ecwrites.blogspot.com

Johanna said...

Welcome to the bloggy world :-) Following you and would love for you to follow back at http://www.momstreehouse.com/. maybe you would like to join in on some of the fun.

Cat said...

Thank you so much Hannah, Shar, Melanie, Elizabeth and Johanna!! Now following all of you as well.

Unknown said...

Hi Cat! Thank you for participating in the Get Wired Blog Hop. I really appreciate you stopping by. I look forward to reading your posts.

Vickie
http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Hobbies on a Budget said...

Hi Cat! I found you from bloggymoms. You are right on! Moms need to remember who we are too! I got so motivated about that a while back that I started a series called Hobbies on a Budget. Too often we spend all our time on our kids that we forget to do something that makes us who we are! I followed you and would love to hear from you! I've been blogging for over 2 years but am just now really promoting and trying to grow the numbers. I'd love for you to check me out too! I'll be back to see what's going on in your world :-) Thanks! Sharon www.reallifedeals.com

Post a Comment